The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking a highly skilled and experienced person to develop policy, procedures & programs, provide advice and monitor legal compliance within the workplace. This includes planning, directing and implementing compliance in the areas of Health and Safety, Return to Work, Privacy and other employment legislative areas. Based at the South Pacific Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this full-time role will report directly to the General Manager of People Services.
• Strong commitment to the teachings, values, beliefs and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church;
• Recognized qualifications and/or experience in Human Resource Management, Employment Law, Work Health and Safety, or other recognized fields.
• Knowledge and understanding of work health and safety principles and requirements.
• Membership with relevant professional organisations.
• Understanding of the Privacy Act, dispute resolution and complaint handling methods and processes.
• Well-developed people skills and able to build effective and productive relationships across all levels of the church organisation.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
• Well-developed computer skills and proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Current passport and Australian drivers’ license; and be willing and able to travel.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of the Church and its management throughout the SPD.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the implementation of risk management systems and solutions.
• Law qualifications and experience.
For further information please contact David Potter on DavidPotter@adventist.org.au.
To apply please forward all written applications addressing the selection criteria, including your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.