The Convention Centre caters for individuals and groups; large and small from all walks of life and the upkeep and presentation of the facility is paramount to its growing success. Reporting the Manager, the position will be overseeing and maintaining the grounds, equipment and facilities. The applicant ideally should possess ambition, drive, flexibility and have an eye for detail. Exceptional people and organisational skills will hold the applicant in great stead for this role as they deal with a variety of challenges.
The successful applicant will come equipped with a trade in either mechanical, construction/building, plumbing or the electrical industries with proven work experience in their chosen trade. A sound knowledge and understanding with some experience in one or more additional trade-based areas will be looked upon favourably. Due to the nature of the business and the customer types, we deal with a current working with children check will be required.
• A trade certificate with proven work experience
• An understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and procedures
• The ability to work with and supervise a diverse range of people, staff and contractors
• Demonstrated flexibility with a team approach and can do attitude
• Well-developed time management, problem solving and prioritisation skills
• Have an understanding of, commitment to, and support the values, ethos and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
• Light rigid vehicle license or higher
• First Aid Certificate
• Experience with tractors and or skids
• A current forklift driver’s license
• Welding and chainsaw experience
• Understanding of environmental sustainability and the ability to incorporate the principles into operations
• A baptised, practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
For further information please contact Glenn Houssenloge at email@example.com
To apply, please send your resume along with references and other relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and close applications early.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.