Avondale College is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then we encourage you to apply.
Avondale College (Lake Macquarie Campus) seeks applications from a suitably qualified and experienced academic for the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Education. The level of appointment will be determined by the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
The appointee will be required to undertake teaching, research and consultancy in primary key learning areas and special education. Duties will include:
• teaching in the areas of special education (Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary);
• teaching professional development units (primary);
• contributing effectively to Avondale’s strategic research areas;
• supervision of Higher Degree Research students.
A strength in one of the following areas; ICT and/or Creative Arts, would be an advantage.
Applicants should hold a qualification in education to the level of a doctoral degree and can provide evidence of inspiring and motivating student engagement.
• Relevant recent experience in schools;
• Relevant tertiary education experience;
• Qualifications in education at the doctoral degree level;
• An ability and willingness to integrate faith and learning in a Christian tertiary institution;
• Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate student engagement;
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member;
• Have a willingness and ability to be involved in and contribute to Avondale’s research profile;
• Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale; and
• A sound knowledge of the Australian Curriculum
Minimum Standards for a Level B Academic (Lecturer)
A Level B academic will undertake independent teaching and research in their discipline or related area. In research and/or scholarship and/or teaching a Level B academic will make an independent contribution through professional practice and expertise and coordinate and/or lead the activities of other staff, as appropriate to the discipline.
A Level B academic will normally contribute to teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate levels; engage in independent scholarship and/or research and/or professional activities appropriate to their profession or discipline. They will normally undertake administration primarily relating to their activities at the institution and may be required to perform the full academic responsibilities of and related administration for the coordination of an award program of the institution.
Minimum Standards for a Level C Academic (Senior Lecturer)
A Level C academic will make a significant contribution to the discipline at the national level. In research and/or scholarship and/or teaching they will make original contributions, which expand knowledge or practice in their discipline.
A Level C academic will normally make a significant contribution to research and/or scholarship and/or teaching and administration activities of an organizational unit or an interdisciplinary area at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level. They will normally play a major role or provide a significant degree of leadership in scholarly research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession, discipline and/or community and may be required to perform the full academic responsibilities of, and related administration for, the coordination of a large award program or a number of smaller award programs of the institution.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise Higher Degrees by Research
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Enquiries may be directed to Associate Professor Kevin Petrie, Dean of Faculty of Education, Business & Science via firstname.lastname@example.org/
Applications, with a statement addressing the selection criteria and contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com