Adventist Aviation Services, PNG are seeking applications from suitable candidates who are qualified Aviation Engineers with management experience.
Adventist Aviation Services is a Papua New Guinea (PNG) commercial flying operation using PAC 750 turbine aircraft, wholly owned and operated by the PNG Union Mission of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Our mission is to support the Seventh-day Adventist Church in PNG by offering safe, low cost, reliable mission transport, provide medical evacuation service to surrounding communities, and provide access to remote areas of PNG that are inaccessible by road. We accomplish all of this by operating commercially at a profit which we use to subsidize our mission and humanitarian operations. For further information please visit the AAS website: www.aas.org.pg
This position is based in Goroka, PNG, and is a paid full-time position. The ideal candidate would be an aircraft engineer who is a mission-oriented Seventh-day Adventist, has commercial aptitude, is professional, hard-working, who likes adventure and has management experience.
The Role of the Maintenance Manager is to manage the daily operations of the aircraft maintenance department in accordance with PNG CAR Part 145.
• A strong commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its mission, vision and values.
• Hold current Aircraft Maintenance Engineer certification, including the following minimum requirements:
Current Australian aircraft maintenance engineer licence or equivalent.
Ability to gain PNG Maintenance Engineer Licence.
Experience on Group 1 and Group 22 Engines (PT-6A)
Experience on Group 1 and 2 airframes.
• Minimum 4-8 years of industry experience
• Proficiency in the use of mainstream computer software.
• Chief Engineer or Foreman experience preferable.
The successful candidate will also have:
• Demonstrable cross-cultural and human interpersonal skills.
• Competent management/administration and communication skills.
• A commitment to maintaining the highest levels of operational safety and professionalism at all times.
• A demonstrated commitment to sharing expertise and delegating responsibility to others
• A personal commitment to AAS’s mission, values and beliefs.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.
For further information please contact AAS CEO, John Castleden on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +675 532 1264.
Please send a letter of interest addressing the essential criteria, your latest CV, and three references including a reference from your Adventist Church Pastor. All written expressions of interest must be sent to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: +612 9489 0943