AdSAFE is a service of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific Division. AdSAFE provides protective services for children and vulnerable persons across Seventh-day Adventist entities in Australia, New Zealand and in time the wider South Pacific region.
The role of the Child Protection Investigation Officer (NSW) is to undertake the end to end investigation process, analysis and assessment of allegations of reportable conduct, reportable incidents and/or misconduct of a child protection nature against or by employees of the Seventh-day Adventist Schools Companies in NSW. The Investigator will work within statutory and legislative requirements and policies to determine the appropriate course of action for investigations and ensure processes, including the interviewing of witnesses and persons subject of allegations are conducted in a thorough, ethical and professional manner. The Investigator will also assist in ensuring adequate systems are in place to respond to any concerns, disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm to children entrusted in our care in a fair and impartial manner.
Based at the South Pacific Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this will be a full-time role for a 12-month period (with a view to a further 2 year extension) and reporting directly to AdSAFE’s General Manager.
• Specialist child protection knowledge gained through experience, education and training and sound understanding of all relevant legislation;
• Qualifications and recent experience in complaint handling and undertaking investigations relating to child protection and reportable conduct matters;
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including report writing and presentations skills and be proficient with information technology and all Microsoft software applications;
• Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail;
• Case management skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to empathise with people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances;
• The ability to deal with conflict and/or confronting situations and to cope with pressure and tight deadlines;
• Operate with a high degree of confidentiality and adhere to relevant privacy acts and legislation;
• Private motor vehicle for travel;
• Regular travel throughout the NSW and ACT SDA schools and some out of hours work;
• Hold a current Working with Children Check (NSW);
• Willingness to undergo a National Criminal History check.
• A working knowledge and understanding of child protection in a religious context;
• Experience in providing advice on the implementation of child protection compliance;
• Previous experience in a religious, Not-for-Profit or charitable organisation highly valued.
For further information about the role and AdSAFE please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please forward all applications, including a cover letter addressing the key criteria, and your CV to:
PO Box 966
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9847 3488
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.