Adventist Senior Living (ASL) is seeking a Physiotherapist or OT to join the Alstonville team on a permanent part-time contract. This team has a strong Allied Health emphasis and services residents in the residential aged care facility. We are looking for staff with a passion for enhancing the lives of frail aged clients and contributing to quality care.
Adventist Senior Living is a ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Northern NSW Conference) seeking to enhance the physical, spiritual, social and emotional wellbeing of older Australians through Christ centered care. Our Alstonville facility includes a residential aged care home (51 beds) and an independent living retirement village (84 villas).
The Allied Health team is a small team of dedicated workers that works closely with the Multidisciplinary Clinical Team to provide quality resident care, and to promote staff wellbeing.
You have strengths in the areas of working with people, planning and organising with capability in delivering results and meeting customer expectations. The role also requires you to be capable at adapting and responding to change. There are numerous interactions with clients and their families, Allied Health personnel, visiting Medical Officers, requires additional judgement to balance the responsibilities of providing organisational services, the needs of vulnerable elderly and sensitivities of family dynamics. You also possess sound judgement in assessing residents’ needs and determining if a referral for other services is appropriate.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Work under direction of Physiotherapist Supervisor
* Assessment and review of individuals therapeutic needs
* Prescription and implementation of interventions to improve mobility, dexterity, and for pain management with an emphasis on functional enablement and facilitation of lifestyle choices
* Contribute to funding assessments including mobility, ADLs and complex health care needs
* Appropriate and thorough documentation including Progress notes and Care Plans
* Collaborate with physiotherapy assistant
* Liaise with Lifestyle Department
* Collaborate with RNs for falls prevention strategies
* Conduct manual handling education
* Communicate as appropriate with family/carers
* Contribute to Continuous Improvement of Allied Health practice.
* Provision/fitting and adjustment of lifting equipment and mobility aids
* Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist with current registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia / AHPRA
* Demonstrated skill and professional practice as a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
* Demonstrated skills and experience in:
* Working with people
* Persuading & influencing
* Planning & organising
* Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
* Adapting & responding to change
* Current National Police Check Clearance
* Demonstrated clinical reasoning and assessment skills
* Knowledge of the range and type of services and equipment available for aged/disabled persons
* Demonstrated computer skills
* Desirable - Experienced in working with older people who have chronic conditions and complex care needs living in a residential care environment.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity please contact Alison Greenwell-Smith on 02 6628 1944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity please contact Alison Greenwell-Smith on 02 6628 1944.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and close applications early.