Avondale School is a co-educational school located at Cooranbong in the Lake Macquarie district. It is a Pre-School to Year 12 School. Avondale School is owned and operated by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
The School employs a part-time Assistant to assist the teachers in attending to the delivery of the program of the School within the classroom.
We are seeking a highly skilled teaching assistant with experience in a learning support role. The successful applicant will work closely with classroom teachers and the learning support coordinator to support the education and social development of children and assist them to maximise their learning potential.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning Support Coordinator
SALARY AND CONDITIONS: 10 - 15 hours per week over 5 days.
• Have a commitment to an understanding of the ethos and mission of Adventist Education
• Be flexible within a team
• Have a passion for children, adolescents and youth
• Have experience with and knowledge of children who have special needs
• Show Initiative
• Be able to set boundaries for children and be consistent in maintaining them
• Be confident to teach children in small groups from K - 12
• Be able to work cooperatively within a classroom at the direction of the teacher
• Certificate III in Education Support
• Able to support a child in their free time with social thinking skills
Please send all applications and enquires to Dr David McClintock at email@example.com
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.