The North New South Wales Conference is seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to work in the Local Church Support Services (LCSS) team. The LCSS team provides direct support to local church treasurers. This position will enable the LCSS team to extend the services that it provides to further assist churches having difficulty in fulfilling their treasury function.
• Relevant qualifications in accounting/business or extensive experience in similar role.
• Understanding of accounting terms and principles.
• Ability to communicate information and processes in a concise manner to non-accountants.
• High level of computer literacy, with advanced skills in MS Excel
• Initiative to be able to solve problems and adapt to the changing environment that we work in.
• Have an understanding of, commitment to, and support the values, ethos and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
• CPA or CA Accreditation or willingness and commitment to undertake further studies to achieve accreditation.
• Experience with Sun Financial Systems and Xero Accounting.
• Previous experience processing payroll and understanding of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
• Previous experience in providing training, coaching and mentoring to facilitate the adoption of best practice accounting principles.
• Previous experience in accounts management.
• Demonstrated abilities in best practice accounting principles
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• A baptised, practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Matt Brown (02) 4951 8088 or via email email@example.com
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.