The South Pacific Division (SPD) of the Seventh day Adventist Church office is the administrative headquarters for Australia, New Zealand and most of the South Pacific island nations. The focus of this office as a Christian organisation is the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and service to the community.
Risk Management Service (RMS) has a supportive role in this mission by administering the church’s insurance program and developing resources and systems to help church organisation manage their risks. RMS works exclusively with organisations that are owned or controlled by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and the work is delivered in a consultative manner.
RMS are looking for a highly qualified and experienced candidate to be the Senior Financial Systems Specialist to manage the information technology capacity and achieve business objectives of RMS. This full-time role, based at the SPD head office in Wahroonga NSW, will be to ensure the successful completion of analysis, design, building, testing and implementation of solutions, as well as provide ongoing support of solutions and data management.
The successful candidate will have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of protocol, discretion and professionalism; be able to accept and assume responsibility; relate and work well with others and be able to interpret and make decisions in accordance with the procedures and practice of the Division office.
• Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission, vision and values.
• Must be eligible to hold a missionary licence with the Seventh-day Adventist church.
• A degree in business or industry recognised qualifications.
• Knowledge of current and emerging technology, standards and computer systems.
• Microsoft SQL Server experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office including VBA.
• Demonstrated communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Current Australian drivers licence and be willing and able to travel.
• Good understanding of denominational working policies and organisational structure.
• Ability to think strategically as well as design and implement operational and strategic improvements.
• Good understanding of financial and accounting principles and practice.
• Three to Five years industry related experience.
• Professional Qualification (Industry Certification/Membership).
To apply please forward all written applications addressing the selection criteria, including your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.