Avondale College of Higher Education seeks to appoint a College Chaplain to join the Student Life Services team.
The Chaplain will provide pastoral support and pastoral counselling to students and develop programs, policies and structures that provide pastoral care and spiritual development for all students on the Lake Macquarie Campus (LMC). These programs, policies and structures will focus on faith development of young Christians and ways for students to internalise and share their Christian experience with others.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident, and have the ability to provide effective leadership in a continually changing environment.
Avondale College of Higher Education is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by its mission and values and ethos. If you are a baptised and practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education, then we encourage you to apply.
• A baptised and practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
• Supportive and committed to promoting the Adventist mission, ethos and values of Avondale by influence and example.
• Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject field such as theology, ministry, education or youth ministry, etc.
• Demonstrate strong communication and organisational skills.
• Experience in youth ministry and/or chaplaincy ministry to youth.
• Experience in working with and in a team and proven experience in team building and development.
• Understanding of spiritual elements of developing young adults.
• A desire for continued personal and professional development.
• Familiarity with contemporary issues impacting higher education students.
• Experience in coordinating spiritual, service and outreach activities for higher education students.
• Experience in managing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Ability to maintain a professional boundary with students.
• Willingness to work on some evenings and weekends.
• Cooperate with all work, health & safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others at the Avondale, and promote a safe workplace and identify unsafe practices.
• Understand and support equal opportunity principles.
• Wide and varied pastoral counselling skills focussing on working with young adults and their issues.
For full details and the selection criteria of this position, please visit www.avondale.edu.au/information/employment.
Applicants must be able to show that they have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale College of Higher Education is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, with a statement addressing the selection criteria and with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.