Avondale College of Higher Education seeks to appoint a Director, Student Administration Services.
The Director of Student Administration is responsible for the general administrative and operational oversight of Avondale’s Student Administration Services department and particularly the Academic Office, to ensure the effectiveness and timeliness of admission and enrolment processes, the accuracy and security of all academic records, examination procedures, academic integrity and graduation processes, and compliance with relevant government agencies and legislation. A key function of this role is to act as the academic registrar of the College.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident, and have the ability to provide effective leadership in a continually changing environment.
Avondale College of Higher Education is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by its mission and values. If you share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then we encourage you to apply.
• Supportive of the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale College of Higher Education;
• Hold appropriate tertiary qualifications to at least a Masters level;
• Thorough knowledge of current trends and issues in Higher Education;
• Leadership and senior management experience with a proven record of achievement including the capacity to manage both staff and financial resources effectively;
• High level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation and consultative skills;
• Demonstrated ability to develop and update policy in a higher education environment;
• Ability to apply policies in a timely and professional manner;
• Accuracy in work and the ability to meet deadlines;
• cooperate with all work health & safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others. Promote a safe workplace and identify unsafe practices.
Doctor of Philosophy;
• Experience in use of electronic student record systems in the Australian higher education sector;
• Understanding of and experience with the Australian Higher Education Support Act 2003 and the associated institutional responsibilities;
• Experience with the coordination of enrolment, examination and graduation processes in the higher education sector.
For a full job description and selection criteria please visit www.avondale.edu.au/information/employment.
Applicants must be able to show that they have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale College of Higher Education is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, with a statement addressing the selection criteria and contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.