Adventist Aviation Services, PNG are seeking applicants for the position of Line pilot. The ideal candidate would be an exceptional pilot with a willingness to learn and grow in a different environment. Applicants who are active Seventh-day Adventists, mission-oriented, professional, hard-working, and adventurous, with commercial aptitude for business management are encouraged to apply.
• Current Commercial Pilots Licence and Instrument Rating, with at least 1 year of experience as PIC. Including remote experience. Preferable 500hr pic.
• Instrument Rating.
• Desirable to have at least 250 hrs PNG time or similar remote experience under CAR (FAR) Part 135 that maybe acceptable to the Director of Civil Aviation, PNG.
• Check and Training experience and/or management experience.
• Turbine experience.
(Appointment will be dependent on experience being acceptable to the Director of Civil Aviation, PNG).
To be successful in this role candidates will need:-
• A strong commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its mission, vision and values.
• A personal commitment to AAS’s mission, values and beliefs.
• Demonstrable cross-cultural and human interpersonal skills.
• Competent management/administration and communication skills.
• Demonstrable networking skills and ability to effectively represent AAS.
• Commitment to maintaining the highest levels of operational safety and professionalism at all times.
• Demonstrated commitment to sharing expertise and delegating responsibility to others.
• Proficiency in the use of mainstream computer software. (MS Outlook and Office suite including Excel)
Adventist Aviation Services is a Papua New Guinea (PNG) Mission / commercial flying operation using PAC 750 turbine aircraft, wholly owned and operated by the PNG Union Mission of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Our mission is to support the Seventh-day Adventist Church in PNG by offering safe, low cost, reliable mission transport, provide medical evacuation service to surrounding communities, and provide access to remote areas of PNG that are inaccessible by road. We accomplish all of this by operating commercially at a profit which is used to subsidize our mission and humanitarian operations. For further information please visit the AAS website: www.aas.org.pg
Please contact AAS CEO, John Castleden on email@example.com or telephone +675 7206 8328 or +61 0438 109 173.
Please send a letter of interest, your latest CV, and three references including a reference from your Adventist Church Pastor. All written expressions of interest must be sent to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: +612 9489 0943
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.