Pacific Adventist University is seeking suitably qualified applicants to fill a Lecturer in History position in the School of Humanities, Education & Theology (SOHET). This is a full-time position based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
* To provide innovative teaching based on sound scholarly activity which maximises learning
* To build a culture that balances high performance with a harmonious and constructive work environment within the School
* To promote, by influence and example the philosophy, mission, objectives and values of the University and the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
* A PhD or research based Master’s degree in History
* Proven experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research and publication
* The ability to teach a broad range of History subjects
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment
* Demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ and the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Carol Boehm via telephone +61 2 9847 3275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a letter of interest addressing the essential criteria, your latest CV, and three references including a reference from your Adventist Church Pastor. All written expressions of interest must be sent to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: +612 9489 0943
This vacancy was written and advertised by the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd on behalf of Pacific Adventist University.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.