The Pacific Adventist University in Papua New Guinea is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Systems Administrator to join the ICT services team. This full-time role will be based at the Koiari Park Campus in Port Moresby, and will be responsible for:
• Installing and supporting IT systems hardware and software and related infrastructure;
• Providing service desk troubleshooting and support;
• Management of all available CMS solutions
• Training, management and mentoring of local IT staff; and
• Providing support remotely as well as traveling to locations within Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands.
• Must be supportive of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and its beliefs and lifestyle.
• Tertiary qualifications in the field of computer science or 3 years relevant work experience.
• Proven experience with Windows server and client operating systems and Active Directory.
• Proven hardware and systems troubleshooting experience.
• Capable of finding the best solution in challenging circumstances.
• Strong team player, ability to lead and the ability to accept and follow directions.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work alone and achieve high outputs without frequent management.
• Professional and user-friendly written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and resolve problems with limited time-frames and resources under pressure.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Current VMware, Exchange, Lync, Terminal Services, OSX and Citrix experience and/or certification highly regarded.
The role may involve lifting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals at times.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Papua New Guinea may apply for this position.
Please contact the Mission Service and Support Manager at the South Pacific Division on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61298473275
Please send a letter of interest, your latest CV, and three references including a reference from your Adventist Church Pastor. All written expressions of interest must be sent to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: +612 9489 0943
This vacancy was written and advertised by the Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd on behalf of the employer listed above.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.