This role will work closely with the Clinical Coordinator in the organisation of the clinical education program for the Bachelor of Nursing course.
The successful candidate must:
• be a Registered Nurse with a current authority to practice with AHPRA.
• have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills with a high level of written and verbal English language skills.
• demonstrate an aptitude with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SONIA or scheduling programs.
• have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with ability to use one’s initiative.
• demonstrate ability to comfortably and effectively liaise with all levels of students, staff and management.
• demonstrate experience in managing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
• demonstrate an understanding of the principles of anti-discrimination, staff and student equity, occupational health and safety principles and practices, other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, and the willingness and capacity to adhere to such policies and programs.
• display the capacity to work as a member of a team and also to work independently.
• hold a NSW driving license and be willing to travel between Sydney and Lake Macquarie Campuses or to other venues as required in own vehicle if required (costs reimbursed)
• cooperate with all occupational health & safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others at the College. Promote a safe work place and identify unsafe practices.
• understand and support equal opportunity principles.
• be supportive of the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale College
It is desirable that the successful applicant also be able to meet some of the following criteria.
• Flexibility with time of work hours across the week and/or month based on academic calendar key dates.
• Experience and understanding of immunisation requirements in healthcare
• Be willing to undertake sponsored training in immunisation as necessary
• Past experience with rostering
Avondale College of Higher Education (Sydney Campus) seeks applications from Registered Nurses for the position of Clinical Placement Officer.
Avondale College of Higher Education is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Further information is available from Cheryl Magus, Clinical Coordinator, Discipline of Nursing via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02 9480 3620, or Assoc.Prof. Paul Race, Faculty Dean, email@example.com or telephone 02 49802359.
Details of the role and section criteria are available via the Avondale website www.avondale.edu.au/jobs.
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.