Seventh-day Adventist Schools (South Queensland) Limited is seeking to employ a full-time qualified Christian Early Childhood Nominated Supervisor and Service Leader for Brisbane Adventist College Early Learning Centre, Mt Gravatt, Brisbane, Qld. The Service operates for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years, 7:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Thursday and 7:00am – 4:45pm on Fridays for 48 weeks per year. More detailed information about our Centre can be found at https://www.bac.qld.edu.au/our-college/early-learning
Skills and Qualifications:
*Diploma level qualification or above as per ACEQA guidelines for a nominated supervisor in an Early Learning Centre;
*HLTAID004 ‘Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting’;
*Hold a current Blue Card or Exemption.
The applicant must also have excellent communication skills; the ability to positively lead a team; knowledge of the National Quality Framework; and good operational & administration skills especially in regards to providing a safe and collaborative environment for children and staff.
Seventh-day Adventist Schools (South Queensland) Limited follows Queensland Child Safety practices, including child protection and ongoing training, is provided. It is preferable to be a practising Seventh-day Adventist or of the Christian faith and be sympathetic and supportive of the Service’s Special Character.
About the role:
• Support and contribute to the implementation of the Mission Statement and Statement of Philosophy.
• Provide a safe, caring and interactive environment for staff, children and families.
• Provide leadership and support to all Educators in the quality care, learning and development of children on a day to day basis as directed by the National Quality Framework, including the National Quality Standards, the Early Years Learning Framework, Education and Care Services National Regulations under the Education and Care Services National Law.
• Model and support effective application of pedagogy in teaching practices.
• Support a culture of reflective practice and maintain knowledge and skills of current practices.
• Adhere to and monitor implementation of all regulations, policies, and procedures and be responsible for continuous improvement processes.
• Work professionally and collaboratively with all staff creating a positive and progressive work culture.
• Develop and maintain authentic respectful and supportive relationships with families.
• Support the Kindergarten Teacher in the delivery of the Queensland Approved Kindergarten Program, including school readiness.
• Build and maintain connections with the community and support cultural diversity.
• Have sound knowledge and implementation of sustainable practices.
• Have sound administration skills that support the general operations of the service.
• This is initially a 12-month fixed-term appointment, with the possibility of permanent status pending a successful review at the end of this initial term.
For further information, contact Jack Ryan, Education Director, via email at email@example.com
For CV submission, contact Jack Ryan, Education Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.