The School of Humanities, Education & Theology at Pacific Adventist University is seeking an experienced lecturer to teach in the area of Old Testament. A completed PhD or equivalent degree in Old Testament and the ability to teach Greek is essential. Experience in postgraduate supervision and a record of research will be highly regarded.
1. A completed PhD or equivalent degree in Old Testament
2. A working knowledge of Hebrew with the ability to teach Hebrew at intermediate level.
3. Demonstrated capacity to strengthen teaching, research, scholarly and professional activities and build the School’s reputation.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
6. Demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ and the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
1. A portfolio of published research.
2. Experience supervising postgraduate students.
3. Teaching experience at tertiary level.
4. Pastoral ministry experience.
1. To provide innovative, motivating and challenging teaching based on sound scholarly activity which maximises learning.
2. To work effectively with colleagues to support, produce and promote high-quality, ethical research.
3. To build a culture that balances high performance with a harmonious and constructive work environment across and within the School.
4. To promote, by influence and example, the philosophy, mission, objectives and values of the University, and integrate these into the teaching process as appropriate.
5. To demonstrate commitment to Jesus Christ and the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
1. Dr Elisapesi Manson (Dean – School of Humanities, Education & Theology) +675 328 0335 or email Elisapesi.Manson@pau.ac.pg
2. Professor Lalen Simeon (Deputy Vice-Chancellor) +675 328 0223 or email Lalen.Simeon@pau.ac.pg
To apply please forward all applications, including a cover letter, your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.