Director, Office of Research & Post Graduate Studies
This role is granted conjointly as Director, (O.5 load) and Lecturer (0.5 load) in the respective field of expertise. The Director is a senior member of the University’s Academic Staff and is expected to work closely with other senior staff in a collegial manner to promote the overall development of the University. The Director must have the experience and passion to lead Higher Degree programs in a Christian academic environment, whilst also contributing innovative, motivating and challenging teaching & research based on sound scholarly activity, in maximising student learning as a Lecturer.
1. Active relationship with Jesus Christ, characterized by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
2. Postgraduate Masters or PhD preferably completed through research.
3. Minimum 5 years as an Academic with a history of proven research and/or publication.
1. A sound working knowledge of, and proven loyalty to, the church its organisation and policies.
2. Have an interest in and aptitude for cross-cultural ministry
3. Research based doctoral degree such as a PhD.
4. Strong track record in teaching and research outputs including peer-reviewed publications.
5. Sound understanding of higher education in the Papua New Guinea and the South Pacific.
6. Current knowledge and experience in teaching & research practices and the ability to provide training and direction to others.
7. Demonstrated capacity to strengthen teaching, research, scholarly and professional activities and build the School’s reputation.
8. Ability to provide direction to the Office of Research and Postgraduate Studies consistent with University plans and policies; and manage and develop the finances, resources and infrastructure of the Office.
9. Ability to develop and manage effective relationships with professional and regional communities, with relevant industries and public sector organisations, and build international partnerships and alliances to promote the University, its graduates and research.
10. Sound knowledge of equal employment opportunity and equity principles, as well as workplace health and safety principles with a demonstrated ability to integrate and implement these principles at both the strategic and operational levels.
A more detailed position description is available on request. Please email email@example.com
Dr. Lalen Simeon (Deputy Vice-Chancellor) email Lalen.Simeon@pau.ac.pg
To apply please forward all applications, including a cover letter, your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.