1. Assist the PNGUM CFO in a pastoral oversight in the area of stewardship in the church within the PNGUM.
2. Assist the CFO in the responsible management of the finances of the PNGUM.
3. Provide training and assistance to local staff in the Union, Conference or Missions as assigned to help them become self-sufficient in the competent management of their work and responsibilities and to assist in their career development.
1. Must be a practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to the Church and its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
2. Have or be eligible for missionary credentials.
3. Hold appropriate business/accounting/management degrees.
4. A comprehensive knowledge of the churches financial management and accounting as practised throughout the PNGUM.
5. Sound understanding of SPD Working Policy, church accounting policies and procedures.
6. Proven background in financial management and accounting with a minimum of 10 years in a senior finance role.
7. Must be a Certified Practicing Account (CPA) for PNG citizens and/or equivalent for non-PNG citizens
1. A working knowledge of the church and its management throughout the Union Mission.
2. Proven background in financial management and accounting.
3. Sound understanding of church accounting policies and procedures.
4. Effective communication, personnel and organisational skills including an understanding of cross cultural issues.
5. Be familiar with the role of South Pacific Division Policy and PNGUM Accounting Methods and the financial implications associated with these policies and procedures.
Challenges for the Quinquennium:
1. Develop and maintain efficient financial systems.
2. Equitable distribution of the churches resources throughout the Union Mission.
3. Development of effective professional development of finance officers across the Union.
4. Assist the Union to plan for the many issues that challenge it.
Please contact Mission Service and Support Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a letter of interest, your latest CV, and three references including a reference from your Adventist Church Pastor. All written expressions of interest must be sent to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (Pacific) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: +612 9489 0943
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.