ADRA Australia strives for excellence and practical impact in all its program activities. To help achieve this, ADRA Australia has created a new position and is seeking a pragmatic person with expertise and drive to lead and provide guidance, support and mentoring in all aspects of program design and learning for our ADRA Australia team members and Partners we work with.
The Programs Technical Specialist – Design & Learning, is responsible for
1. Program Design: Developing innovative and practical tools and approaches to guide design processes aligned with ADRA’s Values-Based Development approach, as well as leading our teams in the design of new projects/programs.
2. Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Development & Measurement: Overseeing ADRA’s MEAL plan and supporting Partners in setting up their own M&E plans relevant to reporting requirements and useful for adaptive management of projects.
3. Developing Capability: Develop and implement appropriate training for ADRA Program’s team members and Partners in areas related to design, MEAL, facilitation and behavioural change in alignment with ADRA’s Values-Based Development approach.
4. Innovation, Evaluation & Learning: Lead evaluative processes and drive innovative learning practices built on monitoring and evaluations within ADRA and with Partners.
5. Business Development & Grant acquisition: Contributing to the development of new business opportunities including leading teams through the application process for new funding.
1. At least 4 years’ experience in analysis, design, evaluation/research and learning, including development of appropriate associated systems and tools.
2. Proven expertise in facilitation, mentoring and capability development within a cross cultural context.
3. Proven expertise in using technology to support innovative design and learning processes.
4. Proven ability to contribute strategically to innovative practice, develop high quality program designs, and engage in learning processes constructively.
5. Willingness to work within a Christian ethos and live consistent with the values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
6. Proven ability to manage day-to-day operations within strict deadlines and under time constraints.
7. Masters level degree in a relevant discipline, and/or proven relevant field/business experience.
8. Advanced level of written/verbal English communication skills, and computer literacy skills.
9. Ability to travel on a regular basis (up to 100 days per year)
1. Field experience within a developing country and/or working with indigenous populations in Australia.
2. Familiarity with compliance requirements of donors, in particular DFAT including the ANCP.
3. Credentials in training and development
At the time of application, the successful applicant will already have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
ADRA Australia is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship (including dual citizenship holders). Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Australia recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a foreign police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.
Applicants will be requested to disclose whether or not they have had a substantiated Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment claim of any nature made against them in Australia or overseas. This is included in the Job Application Form.
ADRA Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
A copy of relevant policies are available on request.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion.
Candidates should address the selection criteria in their application letter through examples of past experiences and qualifications. Forward your letter and resume by 30 June 2019 along with the names of three work-related referees to: email@example.com
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.