The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited is looking for a dynamic, dependable and proactive individual who is passionate about serving the youth department of the church. This position is part-time (18 hours per week). The Personal Assistant to the Union Youth Director is the first point of contact for the national office and is responsible for communications with stakeholders, coordination of events and managing confidential information. This self-motivated individual ably navigates competing deadlines with a pleasant demeanour and has qualifications and/or relevant experience in relation to administration. This broad and varied role requires excellence in written and verbal communication, high computer and social media fluency and strong organisational skills.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
· A high level of oral and written communication skills that is representative of the organisation;
· Self-motivation and discipline with ability to work unsupervised;
· Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to be an excellent team facilitator;
· Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery of consistently high-quality work;
· Ability to effectively utilise social media and communications;
· Flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work;
· Must be able to keep confidences, liaise with the general public in a pleasant and professional manner;
· Must be a practising, baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
· Departmental experience commensurate with the position would be highly regarded.
· Qualifications and/or relevant experience in relation to Information Technology hardware and software, with above average skills in word processing. Working knowledge of other software products such as the Office Suite, Wordpress, InDesign, Photoshop etc. Experience in web content preparation and social media would be an advantage.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (Australian Union Conference) Ltd office is the administrative headquarters of the church for Australia. We exist to facilitate effective leadership, provide administrative support and deliver quality resources and services to enhance the ministry of our conferences and institutions in proclaiming the everlasting gospel in the context of the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14. The focus of this office as a Christian organisation is the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and service to the community.
For a full job description or queries please contact MelissaHill@adventist.org.au, People and Culture Manager, Australian Union Conference.
All applicants should include a cover letter, CV, two work-related references and a reference from your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, and must be able to show that you have the legal right to work in Australia.
NB// The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time. Early closure of applications is possible if a suitable candidate is found ahead of the closing date.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.