The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited is looking for a talented Graphic Designer with a keen eye, to join our office team for a maximum term part-time parental leave position. This 18 hour per week position commences 19 August 2019 and ends 20 March 2020 (7 months). The Graphic Designer portfolio includes working with all ministry departments to create project specific designs for various media: social, online and print. This role requires excellent communication skills and ability to work with competing deadlines, as well as an artistic flare with a fresh approach to graphic design. Qualifications and/or relevant experience in relation to Information Technology hardware and software, including the Adobe suite, is essential.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
• A high level of communication skills and ability to relate well to people;
• Self-motivated, disciplined and able to work unsupervised;
• Organised with high attention to detail and manage, proof and print deadlines;
• Efficient and accurate with keyboard skills;
• High level of artistic ability and a good understanding and fresh approach towards graphic design through print, online, and other media;
• Sound working knowledge of:
a. Adobe InDesign
b. Adobe Illustrator
c. Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to design and edit various publications including:
d. Publications for AUC departments as approved by supervisor
e. Advertising for annual conventions, conferences and events
f. Resources as required
• Be able to effectively communicate with print companies, and organise logistics such as pickup/delivery/distribution;
• Must be able to keep confidences, and liaise with the general public in a pleasant and professional manner;
• Must be a practicing baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
• Departmental experience commensurate with the position would be highly regarded;
• Qualifications and/or relevant experience in relation to Information Technology hardware and software, with high level skills in word processing; medium level skills with software products such as Excel, PowerPoint, desktop publishing products; high-level internet fluency with experience in web content/application preparation and uploading considered an advantage; plus high level skills in graphic design products such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
This is a maximum term part-time parental leave (18 hours per week) position beginning 19 August 2019 and ending 20 March 2020 (7-month period).
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (Australian Union Conference) Ltd office is the administrative headquarters of the church for Australia. We exist to facilitate effective leadership, provide administrative support and deliver quality resources and services to enhance the ministry of our conferences and institutions in proclaiming the everlasting gospel in the context of the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14. The focus of this office as a Christian organisation is the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and service to the community.
If you would like to take part in this opportunity, please contact MelissaHill@adventist.org.au, People and Culture Manager, AUC, for a full job description. Applications close 14 July 2019.
All applicants should include a cover letter, CV, two work-related references and a reference from your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, and must be able to show that you have the legal right to work in Australia.
NB// The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time. Early closure of applications is possible if a suitable candidate is found ahead of the closing date.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.