The Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Limited is seeking an efficient, dedicated and experienced individual to join Discipleship Ministries as Departmental Assistant. Based at the Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, this full-time position requires an individual who is self-motivated, well organised, an excellent team facilitator, with advanced computer capability, and great people skills.
Discipleship Ministries forms the foundation of the mission strategy for the Adventist Church in the South Pacific. The Discipleship Ministries Team (DMT) directs the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist church to make disciples of all people in the South Pacific Division (SPD). It achieves this by inspiring, training, resourcing and equipping the ministry leaders and the disciple making of the Unions and Institutions within the SPD.
As Departmental Assistant, your role will be to assist DMT in achieving the above and providing support to the team members in their ministry. This will involve facilitating a productive ministry through the efficient handling of enquiries, preparation and distribution of documents, scheduling appointments and travel, assisting with departmental events and projects, as well as other administrative work and minor business functions.
As this role will work closely with DMT members for Family Ministries, Women in Ministry and Church Health/Planting, interest in these areas would be an advantage. Previous denominational experience in a support role will be highly valued.
• Commitment and belief in the teachings, values and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
• Be eligible to hold the appropriate Seventh-day Adventist Church licence.
• Appropriate Secretarial/Office Administration qualifications.
• Previous experience in office administration or similar support role.
• A working knowledge of the Seventh-day Adventist Church structure and organisation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well organised including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
• A high level of computer literacy, including experience using office based software products.
• Working knowledge of web/social media platforms and Adobe Design suite or similar.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Well-developed people skills with the ability to connect and relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
• Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn.
• Ability to prepare presentations and reports.
• Ability to work in a team as well as unsupervised.
• Knowledge of and interest in church ministries.
For further information and a full job description please contact Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please send all written applications addressing the selection criteria, including your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.