AdventCare is seeking applications from suitably experienced and highly motivated individuals for the position of Chief Executive Officer to lead this Adventist provider of aged care and retirement living in Victoria.
AdventCare currently employs 226 staff and manages 176 aged care beds and 92 residential units across 3 sites, and aims to provide quality aged care while operating within the mission of the Adventist Church.
The successful applicant will exhibit exceptional leadership, management, planning, strategic thinking and human resource management skills to deliver the strategic vision of the Board while focusing on high quality, person-centred services. The new CEO will also ensure sound and effective business practices to achieve sustainable quality and financial outcomes and enable growth within the context of the mission and ethos of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
For this pivotal position, the successful applicant must be a practising Adventist able to demonstrate successful senior-level leadership experience. An understanding of the aged care/health sector will be an advantage.
The successful applicant will be a practising member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission and an active relationship with Jesus Christ, and must have the following:
* Management experience at a senior level. This experience should show successful human resources management, effective leadership, strategic thinking and positive organisational commercial outcomes.
* Demonstrated understanding in areas of finance.
* Demonstrated leadership and supervisory qualities, including effective communication skills and the ability to lead people and teams
* Experience in managing change processes within an organisation
* Experience in the health and/or aged care industry at a senior level
* Demonstrated ability to develop budgets, manage administration and financial systems and be accountable for variances.
* Demonstrated understanding of OHS and WorkCover legislation
* Understanding of ACFI funding and aged care income streams
* Knowledge of legislation and standards relevant to the Aged Care and Retirement sector, and demonstrated ability to apply these requirements to the operational systems of an aged care organisation
* Recent experience in project management for new buildings and developments.
* Computer literacy and demonstrated understanding of effective IT strategies.
* Membership in Industry Reference Groups, Committees and Associations
* A tertiary qualification in Management, Business or Finance is highly desirable.
* A tertiary qualification Nursing
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and may make an appointment prior to the date applications close.
All applicants must be able to show that they have the legal right to work in Australia.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.
For further information and a copy of the position description please contact Pr Craig Gillis, Conference Secretary, Victorian Conference,
by email CraigGillis@adventist.org.au
or phone +61 (0)3 9264 7707.
If you wish to apply, please provide a covering letter including your interest, experience and suitability for the position, your current CV tailored to support your application.
Forward these to:
Pr Craig Gillis, Conference Secretary, Victorian Conference
Post PO Box 215, Nunawading VIC 3103