The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Australia is seeking a part-time (16.5 hours per week) Program Facilitator for the Redwood Community Centre. This is a unique opportunity to provide programs that foster resilience and positive long-term outcomes for young people from the Warburton community.
The program facilitator will oversee a range of activities in the centre including:
1. Research the needs of the local area in relation to programs and supports available to young people (ages 0-18) and families. In particular, identify gaps in programs and support available in the area.
2. Report research findings to the manager and in consultation with the manager, respond to findings by creating a program/s to address the gaps identified.
3. Introduce, promote and run the Happy Hands program- a fully supported art and creativity program for young children which promotes hands on learning.
4. Understand the social and emotional needs of vulnerable young people (including Autism Spectrum Disorder and the impacts of trauma on cognitive and emotional development).
5. Provide effective interaction with all participants of the program as well as their parents/carers.
6. Advertise for and recruit suitable volunteers and mentors to support the running of the programs.
7. Advertise/promote the programs to ensure adequate enrolments allow the programs to be self-sustaining.
8. Demonstrate and provide training in a range of life skills, including basic Restorative Practices training and approaches to conflict resolution.
9. Show a high level of organisational skills to keep records of attendance, incidents and other relevant data.
10. Ensure all WHS and Child Protection guidelines are understood and adhered to by participants and volunteers.
1. Certificate qualification or experience in community/youth services education or similar discipline.
2. Proven ability to facilitate and deliver programs and activities that foster youth resilience and community development that cater to young people and their families.
3. Genuine interest in working with people of varying economic, social and educational status, while demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
4. Able to obtain a clear Working with Children Check
5. Proven to be self-motivated and to work autonomously.
6. Demonstrated flexibility with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
7. High level presentation and communication skills
8. Sound basic computer skills
9. Excellent time management/organisational skills
10. Very good team-work, networking, liaison and negotiation skills
11. Willingness to uphold Christian values, beliefs and attitudes
12. Capacity to create a caring environment
13. Capacity to work without supervision – a good self-starter
14. Basic First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one.
Ability to keep abreast of community needs
Please note: Job interviews will be conducted on 10 July.
Please click here for a job description.https://bit.ly/2N6HQP8
At the time of application, the successful applicant will already have the legal right to live and work in Australia.
ADRA Australia is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship (including dual citizenship holders). Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Australia recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a foreign police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.
ADRA Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
A copy of relevant policies are available on request.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion.
For additional information please contact: Alison Young, ADRA Australia, Phone 02 9473 9503 or email email@example.com
Candidates should address the selection criteria in their application letter through examples of past experiences and qualifications. Forward your letter and resume by 4 July 2019 along with the names of three work-related referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.