The South Pacific Division’s People Services team is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager who can develop effective relationships across the organisation and provide a professional HR service to the Church in the South Pacific.
This full-time role will be based at the Division head office in Wahroonga NSW, and will report to the General Manager of People Services. Key functions of this position will be to:
• Provide HR leadership and support to the Division;
• Develop and promote a workplace culture that is in harmony with the Church’s mission and values; and
• Provide professional HR policies, practices and resources that comply with government employment legislation/regulation.
• Commitment to the teachings, values and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
• Have or be eligible to hold the appropriate Seventh-day Adventist Church licence/credential.
• Tertiary qualifications in a human resource management related discipline.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in human resource management.
• A comprehensive working knowledge of the church and its management throughout the South Pacific Division.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultative skills at all levels.
• A proven ability to handle pressure and manage conflicting demands.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Current passport and Australian driver’s licence and willing and able to travel.
• A sound understanding of employment practice and law.
• A broad understanding of the workings and culture of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the South Pacific.
• A demonstrated track record in developing and implementing strategic business and HR objectives within a complex, multi-business organisation.
• Keen attention to detail, with good analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset.
For a full job description and enquiries please contact David Potter via e-mail DavidPotter@adventist.org.au.
To apply please forward all applications, including a cover letter, your CV, three work-related referees and the contact information of your Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, to:
Seventh-day Adventist Church (SPD) Ltd
Locked Bag 2014
Wahroonga NSW 2076
Fax: (02) 9489 0943
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.