This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate to play a key role in providing a variety of skilled and professional desktop services to the College’s students and staff.
The Desktop Service and Support Officer is responsible for all elements of first level user support and incident management in relation to Avondale’s IT equipment. This includes support of PCs (desktops and notebook computers) for the full life-cycle of the equipment. The position may require shift-work in order to ensure that full-service delivery takes place when required.
This position is responsible for service delivery and first level user support in the following functional areas:
• Avondale provided IT devices, including authorised software installed on those devices
• Desktop and network printers including management software
• End user support of applications and infrastructure provided by Avondale
• Voice systems
Avondale College is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for delivering Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, we encourage you to apply.
Full detail regarding the position including the job description and selection criteria are available at www.avondale.edu.au/about/employment.
• Good communication and customer service skills including the ability to communicate technical problems to people have various levels of technical understanding
• Problem solving skills
• Technical logical thought process
• Ability to prioritise and multiple tasks
• Ability to troubleshoot, resolve or escalate tasks in an effective and efficient manner
• Experience in general desktop support (PC and Mac environment) or Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Information Systems (TAFE)
• Cooperates with all work health & safety policies and procedures related to the work being undertaken and ensure that their actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others at the College. Promote a safe work place and identify unsafe practices.
• Supportive of the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale College
• Understands and supports equal opportunity principles.
• Prior experience with Apple devices in an organisational context (configuration, installation, networking)
• Microsoft certification (Windows, MS-Office)
• Experience with print-server and network printers/multi-function devices.
• Some experience in Office 365 management
• Experience in voice systems (fixed-line phones, PABX and VOIP) including cabling, system configuration and handset configuration.
• Membership in the Australian Computer Society
• First Aid certificate
Applicants will also have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Enquiries may be directed to email@example.com
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.