Avondale College of Higher Education seeks to appoint an Educational Information and Technology Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President (Academic), this position will focus on ensuring that technology serves the organisation and facilitates exceptional teaching and learning outcomes.
The Educational Information and Technology Manager will be responsible for monitoring changes in the education technology landscape and working to ensure that Avondale provides the highest standard of learning experience.
The Manager will also need to drive a positive service culture within the IT team, and have oversight of the operational IT functions of the department. Whilst it is not expected that the manager be expert in all areas, it is essential they have a good technical aptitude.
This position will have oversight of:
· Business Systems –which includes the operation, integration and direction of business and enterprise systems/systems within the organisation;
· IT Operations and Support – led by the Systems Integration Officer and the Service and Support Coordinator; and
· Systems/Web Developer/s.
The role will liaise frequently with:
· Library Services;
· Teaching and Learning Faculties and services; and
· Communication & Alumni Services.
Avondale College of Higher Education is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by its mission and values. If you share our passion for supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles, then we encourage you to apply.
• Either qualifications or significant experience in the area of Information Technology or Computer Science
• Several years’ industry experience which includes coaching, development and mentoring of team members
• An understanding of IT requirements in a Higher Education environment
• Ability to foster an environment where employee growth and development is encouraged
• Experience in managing change
• A good understanding of IT operations and infrastructure
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practice technology management
• High commitment to customer service delivery
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Proven track record of delivery of IT projects
• Supportive of the mission, values, and ethos of Avondale College
• Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science, preferably having a Masters Degree or Doctoral degree in either of these areas.
• Experience managing IT in a Higher Education environment
• Understanding of audio-visual technology and services in an educational context
• Membership in the Australian Computer Society
Salary Range: Level 8/9 $89,485 - $112,234 pa
Applicants must be able to show that they have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale College of Higher Education is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Enquiries may be directed to email@example.com
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.