Macquarie College is seeking to appoint a School Chaplain (K-12), a position which is pivotal to the College’s student wellbeing framework; with the successful applicant working collaboratively with the College’s executive and chaplaincy teams to deliver a distinctively relational, Adventist chaplaincy program.
The position will report directly to the Assistant Principal (Wellbeing) and will require a demonstrated capacity to lead students, staff and families as part of a vibrant and inclusive Seventh-day Adventist school community.
1. A strong belief in the central role of Adventist Education in the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
2. Bachelor degree in Education, Ministry and/or Chaplaincy, or equivalent qualification.
3. Capacity to work collaboratively in the effective delivery of the College’s Chaplaincy Strategic Plan.
4. Capacity to work collaboratively to lead and grow the College’s faith community through the day-to-day provision of a high-quality, inclusive, vibrant and creative, relational and distinctively Seventh-day Adventist, school-wide chaplaincy program. Such a program will intentional seek to engage the College’s unchurched community in relationships that lead to a long-term faith commitment to mainstream Adventist church communities.
5. Capacity to work in close partnership with the College’s executive and chaplaincy teams to ensure the day-to-day functionality of the College’s various ministry programs.
6. Capacity to lead the ongoing development of current best-practice and next-practice ministry initiatives to both churched and unchurched urban communities.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills based upon intellectually and emotionally intelligent behaviours to enable effective ministry practices within a diverse K-12 school community.
8. Capacity to work in close partnership with NNSW School Company staff, NNSW Church Company staff and local Adventist church pastors to ensure the effective delivery of the NNSW School Company’s strategic vision for ministry in SDA schools throughout the North NSW Conference.
9. Capacity to work collaboratively within the College’s chaplaincy team in the alignment of the College’s ministry programs to the College’s wellbeing programs to ensure continuity, relevance and sustainability of student wellbeing in all circumstances.
Award rates dependent upon qualification. (Plus superannuation - An employer contribution of 9.5% applies).
Macquarie College is a co-educational Preschool to Year 12 campus operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Schools (North New South Wales) Limited, as part of a worldwide system of Adventist schools. You are invited to view the school's website at www.mc.nsw.edu.au
For further information about this position please contact Mrs Angela Jackson (PA to the Principal) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications including a curriculum vitae and names and contact details of three referees should be submitted by Friday 4 October 2019 to:
PO Box 517,
New South Wales 2287
by email to email@example.com
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above