Avondale College is a Seventh-day Adventist organisation driven by our mission and values. Recently awarded University College status, Avondale is looking for people passionate about supporting the delivery of Christian tertiary education and who can align with our mission, ethos and lifestyle principles.
Avondale College (Lake Macquarie Campus) seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced academics for the position available in Education. The level of appointment will be determined on the qualifications and experience of the applicant.
The appointee will be required to undertake teaching, research and consultancy in primary key learning areas. Duties will include:
• teaching in the undergraduate primary curriculum studies;
• coordinating several subjects in the Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Teaching and Master of Education (Primary) degrees;
• undertaking scholarly research and activities in one or more areas within the primary curriculum key learning areas;
• contributing to research teams in one or more areas within the primary curriculum key learning areas;
• contributing to one or more of the College’s Research Centres;
• implementing ICT within the learning and teaching program;
• contributing to the administration of the faculty;
• support and uphold the Special Character of the institution.
Applicants should have relevant tertiary education experience, hold a qualification in education to the level of a doctoral degree and have demonstrated experience in inspiring and motivating student engagement.
• Relevant recent experience in schools;
• Relevant tertiary education experience;
• Qualifications in education at the doctoral degree level;
• Ability and willingness to integrate faith and learning in a Christian tertiary institution;
• Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate student engagement;
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member;
• Have a willingness and ability to be involved in and contribute to Avondale’s research profile;
• Supportive of the mission, values and ethos of Avondale; and
• Sound knowledge of the Australian Curriculum
• Demonstrated ability to supervise Higher Degrees by Research.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Avondale College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications, with a statement addressing the selection criteria and with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.