Adventist Aged Care Kings Langley and Wahroonga are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the building infrastructure and equipment are maintained to an optimum condition. You also need to ensure a comprehensive maintenance service that complies with the legislative standards, the organisational policies and the approved budget.
• Manage and oversee the Corrective and Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Maintain a safe, attractive living and working environment for consumers and staff.
• Maintain plant, equipment and vehicles.
• To ensure contractors are continuously compliant with business and workers compensation insurances and undergo the Induction and Safety Process.
• To be aware of and have a working knowledge of legislation and guidelines relevant to Residential Aged Care, Retirement Villages, Work Health and Safety and Fire/Evacuation procedures.
• To be the Work Health and Safety Officer for the facility and be a member of its committee.
• To be a member of the Emergency Management Plan committee and ensure the Plan’s currency.
• To ensure Standards are met to support Accreditation compliance.
• To receive directives from the Business Manager or delegate.
• To work within a set budget.
Maintain, repair equipment and grounds in a safe and working environment and order.
Special Skills and Qualities:
• To be able to establish and maintain effective communication with consumers, visitors, staff and other members of the facility.
• To lead by example so as to be a role model and mentor to the team.
• Thorough understanding of all legislative requirements pertaining to WHS and Fire/Evacuation.
• A philosophical approach that emphasizes person centered and consumer directed care.
• To be highly motivated and self-directed, to demonstrate organisational skills and an ability to attend to detail.
• To be able to work both autonomously and co-operatively within a team.
• Practices within the parameters of the skills, knowledge and attributes of the maintenance supervisor and consults and refers when task required is beyond own capabilities.
• Willingness to work according to the organisation’s Values of Respect, Openness, Loving, Friendly and Ethical.
* Previous experience in General building, equipment and ground maintenance work, as well as supervising and leading a team.
* Strong computer skills in Outlook, Word & Excel and previous experience with maintenance software systems
* Previous Aged Care experience, Relevant Trade Certificate, Fire Safety Officer Certificate, WHS certificate & White card. C class drivers’ license.
For further information and a full job description please contact Maggie Key on firstname.lastname@example.org; or call (02) 8834 6100.
Please submit your interest by sending your CV along with your cover letter to the Human Resource Officer, Adventist Aged Care, 56 Elsom St Kings Langley 2147 or email: email@example.com or contact 02 8834 6100. Closing date: 1/11/2019.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.