This role is an integral part of the Customer Service Claims Team which will have you manage end to end claims, with a personal, hands-on approach.
The role is also the primary interface between ACA Health and its members. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assessing and processing the Funds ancillary claims in conjunction with other assessors ensuring a high level of accuracy. Back up for assessing the Funds medical and hospital claims. Answering member phone calls, emails and face to face enquiries. Respond daily to all correspondence requests including emails. Incorporate all health fund policies into all facets of the job. Participate in systems testing. Required administrative tasks. This role would suit someone with administration and/or customer service experience.
Experience in the Australian health system or the private health insurance industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Must be committed to the values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission.
• Experience in data and word processing.
• Previous clerical experience.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Well organised and able to work to deadlines.
• High level of computer and keyboarding skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Initiative and self-motivation.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Professional phone manner.
• Acceptance of change.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Delivery focused.
• A good understanding of the Australian health system and private health insurance, with experience in the health industry.
• Experience in medical or hospital billing.
• Certificate III or IV in Office Administration.
ACA Health Benefits Fund is a private health insurance fund operated by the Seventh-Day Adventist Church to provide quality health insurance for the Church’s employees, Local Church Officers and their extended families within Australia. Past members of ACA Health are always welcome to re-join.
For more information and a full job description, please contact Jody Burgoyne, Fund Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 368 390. Further details about ACA Health can be found on our website www.acahealth.com.au.
Applicants should address the essential selection criteria. Please forward your application letter, resume and contact details for three referees (at least two of whom should be work-related referees) to: Jody Burgoyne, Fund Manager at email@example.com
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.