We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Personal Assistant to our Australian Union General Secretary and CFO. This full-time maximum term parental leave position (20 Jan 2020 to 29 Jan 2021) is suited to someone who is organised and able to facilitate a productive office through the efficient processing of enquiries, documents, scheduling appointments, clerical work and other administrative and business functions. The successful candidate would serve the Secretariat and the CFO, be an excellent communicator with good work ethic, and enjoy taking on the dynamics of the day-to-day functions. Applicants must be practising baptised members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. For a position description please contact MelissaHill@adventist.org.au, People and Culture Manager, Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Ltd. Applications close 28 November.
The successful applicant will meet these selection criteria:
• Must be a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission. This would incorporate an active relationship with Jesus Christ characterised by a deep desire for worship and service to God.
• Appropriate Secretarial/ Office Administration qualifications commensurate with the position.
• Working knowledge of the church and its operations throughout the Union.
• Pleasant and efficient telephone, e-mail and direct communication manner, as may be evidenced from time to time by clientele.
• Must be able to keep confidences and liaise with the general public in a pleasant and professional manner.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
• The ability to be an excellent team facilitator.
• Above average skills in keyboarding and office machine operation skills.
• Initiative and self-motivation.
• Being well organized and able to work to deadlines.
• Timely responses, and effective and appropriate filing of all documents/reports/resources.
The Seventh-day Adventist Church (AUC) Limited office is the administrative headquarters for Australia. We exist to facilitate effective leadership, provide administrative support and deliver quality resources and services to enhance the ministry of our conferences and institutions in proclaiming the everlasting gospel in the context of the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14. The focus of this office as a Christian organisation is the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and service to the community.
For a full job description or queries please contact MelissaHill@adventist.org.au, People and Culture Manager, Australian Union Conference.
All applicants should include a cover letter, CV, two work-related references and a reference from your local Seventh-day Adventist Church pastor, and must be able to show that you have the legal right to work in Australia.
NB: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion at any time. Early closure of applications is possible if a suitable candidate is found ahead of the closing date.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.