We are seeking a qualified, highly competent and experienced accountant with excellent managerial skills to join our management team. To do this role effectively you will need a CA or CPA qualification; a minimum of five years of accounting experience; proven exposure to organisational management; and proven ability to effectively manage a team. You will need to multi-task and focus on both the finance and operational aspects of the business. Previous experience in the insurance or health industry would be ideal but not essential.
This is a full-time role with hours of 8.15am-5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 8.15am-12.30pm Friday. As an employee of ACA Health, you will be entitled to a discount on your health insurance policy with ACA Health.
• A commitment to uphold the mission and standards of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
• CA or CPA qualified, with a minimum of 5 years accounting experience
• Proven exposure to organisational management, and proven ability to effectively manage a team
• Excellent computer skills, including a good grasp of Microsoft Word, Outlook and a high level of proficiency in Excel
• Well developed interpersonal skills for dealing with both internal and external contacts
• Strong organizational skills with a firm commitment to meeting deadlines
• Ability to multi-task, and be able to manage both the finance and operational aspects of the business
• A person who has the legal right to work in Australia
• Previous experience in the health or insurance industry
• Previous experience in using the Xero accounting package
• Customer service or call centre management experience
• A good understanding of the Australian health system, and private health insurance
ACA Health Benefits Fund is a private health insurance fund operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide quality health insurance for the employees and their families, and local church officers and their families within Australia. Past members of the Fund are always welcome to re-join.
Customer service is at the heart of everything we do at ACA Health. Our core values are teamwork, pursuing excellence, integrity, ethics, and staff welfare.
For more information and full job description, please contact Jody Burgoyne, Fund Manager at email@example.com or
on 1300 368 390
Further details about ACA Health can be found on our website, www.acahealth.com.au
Applicants should address the essential selection criteria.
Please forward your application letter, resume and contact details for three referees (at least two of whom should be work-related referees):
Jody Burgoyne, Fund Manger
PLEASE NOTE: The appointing body reserves the right to fill this position at its discretion and close applications early.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.