Avondale University College is the premier educational institution of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Australia and New Zealand and exists to serve the greater good. Our purpose since 1897 has been to develop students’ respect for self and others through promoting a Biblical faith-based, ethical and pastoral world-view. Our ambition is to mentor service-oriented students who respond to the needs of local, national and global communities, following Jesus Christ.
Avondale seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position of Vice Chancellor.
Reporting to the Avondale University College Council, the Vice Chancellor is responsible for preserving and enhancing Avondale’s mission, spiritual culture, academic standing and research, reputation, financial viability, and to model excellent leadership and communication skills. The new Vice Chancellor will also lead the next phase of growth from University College to University within five years.
Key selection criteria for this position include:
• Being a practising baptised member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with a strong commitment to its mission.
• Enthusiasm for Avondale’s vision and mission.
• Evidence of inspiring innovative leadership and administrative experience.
• A capacity for visionary, creative, big-picture strategic thinking, with the ability to carry ideas through to successful implementation.
• Collegial, consultative, open administrative style, with a team approach to decision making and planning.
• A proven track record on creating, implementing and reviewing strategic and operational plans informed by ethical and financially robust practices.
• Outstanding people management skills.
• Excellent communication skills in order to deliver clear and purpose-oriented messages to external organisations, community members and authorities, including the Seventh-day Adventist Church at large.
• Good knowledge of Australian Higher Education preferably with employment experience in the sector.
• Familiarity with risk mitigation and governance practices demonstrating a strong and financially sustainable vision for leading Avondale forward to university status.
• Entrepreneurial and financial capacity to further develop income revenue streams.
• High level of stamina and resilience, with ability to work effectively under pressure delivering quality outcomes.
This is a 5 year renewable contract.
Avondale University College is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right to make a delayed appointment, not to appoint, or to appoint by invitation.
For the further information and the selection criteria of the above position, please visit www.avondale.edu.au/about/employment.
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, with contact details of at least three referees, should be e-mailed to email@example.com
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion and close applications early.