Adventist Senior Living (ASL) is seeking a dedicated General Manager North Coast to lead our North Coast operations in aged care, retirement living and home care. The position reports to the CEO and is a key member of the Senior Executive Team. The North Coast business unit oversees two sites at Alstonville and Tweed Heads.
- Have tertiary qualifications and senior management experience, ideally in the aged care or retirement living sectors, or similar highly regulated industry.
- Work closely with local managers to deliver strategic and operational results.
- Understand the challenges of working remotely from other business units and are committed to connection and accountability within the organisation.
- Able to travel to Corporate meetings in the Newcastle region.
- Are aligned with the organisations signature behaviours and committed to a genuinely positive culture.
- Understand the issues facing the not-for-profit sector and are committed to the organisation's mission to serving older Australians.
You must also have;
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated industry, ideally aged care and/or retirement living.
- Sound understanding of Profit and Loss statements and the ability to make adjustments within delegations to ensure financial targets are met
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and basic budget and database tools (e.g. finance or maintenance management systems).
- Demonstrated skills and experience in:
a. Leading and Supervising
b. Deciding and Initiating Action
c. Formulating Strategies and Concepts
d. Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
e. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Demonstrated experience in leading a positive workplace culture.
- Current driver’s license.
- Current national police check clearance.
Adventist Senior Living is a ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church seeking to enhance the physical, spiritual, social and emotional wellbeing of older Australians through Christ-centred care. Our facilities include residential aged care, retirement villages and a growing Home Care service supporting our retirement villages and the broader local community. Adventist Senior Living is an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all candidates who meet the selection criteria outlined above.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity please contact David Knight on 0409 368 110.
Applications close Friday 20 December 2019
(interviews expected late January)
For a copy of the position description or to apply for this position - please contact Dawn Davison at email@example.com or 02 4977 0169.
The appointing body reserves the right to fill this vacancy at its discretion.
Only those who have the legal right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
This vacancy was written and advertised by the employer listed above.